Age & the law
The age for purchasing alcohol in New Zealand is 18. It is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone under 18 years of age.
Any goods supplied or sold by WINE LAB, are sold under the conditions of New Zealand Law.
- The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 prohibits WINE LAB to sell to persons under the age of 18 years. You will need to confirm and certify that you are of legal age to purchase alcohol from our website.
- Where the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 apply, these terms will be read subject to the application of that Act, and in case of any conflict, the provisions of that Act will apply.
- By submitting an order with WINE LAB you are confirming that you are over the age of 18 and legally allowed to buy alcohol in New Zealand.
- You could be fined up to $2,000 if you don’t follow the law.
- Given that it is wine, beer and spirits that we deliver, A signature is thus required by someone over 18 years of age upon delivery.
If the Customer is acquiring Goods for the purpose of a trade or business, the Customer acknowledges that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply to the supply of Goods by WINE LAB to the Customer.
WINE LAB is a trading name for WINE LAB Company Limited and trades under Liquor Licence number 007/OFF/76/2018.